Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The CLR's final report

I finished reading through this massive piece of paper and ink, in fact it was so large that it was not downloadable off the internet, but I had to order it through the DTI's publications office. The funny thing is that prior to ploughing through it, I read Rickford's introduction to a book on the UK Company Law Reform. That introduction piece was about 20 pages long, but it there was very little more said in the 400 page version I read through. There is allot of packaging in this entire reform and rethink of company law, particularly within the EU but also in the UK. Next up is the 2005 White Paper and from there on the current debate in the House of Lords. I have almost been fearing opening up that can of worms, but there will not be much more delaying that.

No comments: